My Website

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Here's to second chances

Finally, 2010 is here! So, now what?? Well, I don't know yet. I am on one heck of a journey, more like a roller coaster at times. I am only human and old habits die hard. I know I have the power to change things, but the means are harder to muster up. I can only work on the things that I have control over, for example my health and fitness goals. It is so easy to get side tracked and thrown off the wagon when life blows up in your face. I can't control what others do or the cards that are dealt, but I can push forward and try to play the hand the best way I know how and hopefully learn from my mistakes. I know I am a good person, a fierce mother, hard worker and devoted friend. All that matters today is that I can forgive others and most of all myself. Today I expect nothing from the world because I know better now, but tomorrow I will go on and give myself another chance. Isn't that all we really are asking for with each new year? A clean slate and a second chance....

No comments:

Post a Comment